Our Statement of Faith
Simchat Torah Beit Midrash® (STBM) is a congregation and school facilitating inter-faith discussions between various groups, cultures, and denominations worldwide. Simchat Torah Beit Midrash is a community of Jewish and non-Jewish believers in the Yeshua HaMashiach (Jesus Christ), fulfilling the Great Commission “...to make disciples of all the nations.” (Mt.28:19).
1. (Shema) We believe in One God, as He has revealed Himself in the Scriptures. (Deuteronomy 6:4; John 1; Hebrews 1)
2. (Yeshua – Salvation) We believe that Yeshua is the Son of God, the Messiah, the Eternal One in Whom all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form. He is the Word Who became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory of the uniquely begotten Son of God, full of grace and truth. (John 1: 1-14; Colossians 2:9)
3. (Deity of Yeshua) We believe in the Deity of Yeshua, His virgin birth (Isaiah 9:6; Isaiah 7:14; Matt 1: 18-25), His sinless life (Isaiah 53, 2 Corinthians 5:21), His miracles (Matthew 4: 23-25), and His atoning death through His shed blood (Isaiah 53, Daniel 9: 24-27, Romans 3: 21-31, Hebrews 9 &10). We believe in His bodily resurrection (Zechariah 12:10, Zechariah 14, Matthew 28), and in His personal and physical return in power and glory (Daniel 7: 9-14, Matthew 26: 57-64, Revelation 1: 1-18).
4. (Scriptures) We believe that the Bible – Genesis through Revelation – is the only inspired, infallible, and authoritative Word of God. (2 Timothy 3:16; 1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Peter 1:21)
5. (Salvation) We believe that Man is a created being, made in the image and likeness of Elohim, and that “...all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” (Romans 3:23). Salvation is the free gift of God to man, apart from works and the Torah. Salvation is by grace through faith in Yeshua, producing works acceptable to God. One may not earn, merit, or keep this eternal salvation by his own efforts. (Ephesians. 2: 8-9, Romans 5 & 6)
6. (Redemption) We believe that the Torah (Five Books of Moses) is God’s teaching, instruction, and direction; a comprehensive summary of God’s Covenants and teachings. (Exodus 19 & 20, Deuteronomy 5, Jeremiah 31: 31-34, Hebrews 8:10, Matthew 5: 17-19). We encourage all believers, both Jew and non-Jew, to affirm, embrace, and practice these foundational teachings and commands as clarified through the words and lifestyle of Yeshua the Messiah, and the understanding given by His Holy Spirit. (Matthew 5: 17-19, John 16:13, 1 Corinthians 7:19, Revelation 14:12).
7. (Holy Spirit) We believe in the Baptism of the Holy Spirit as the gift of God promised by Yeshua to all believers. (Matthew 3:11, Luke 24:49, John 14: 16-17, Acts 2: 38-39) We believe and embrace the ministry, operation, and all the gifts of the Holy Spirit as described in the Scriptures, with the gift of tongues being one of the manifestations of the Spirit. (Acts 19: 1-7, I Corinthians 12: 1-11)
8. (Israel) We believe that believers are part of Israel, both natural and wild branches grafted into Israel by the blood of the Messiah (Romans 11). We DO NOT believe or teach that believers have replaced Israel, but rather have become part of, joint-heirs of the promise, and members of the Commonwealth of Israel. (Eph. 2:11), having the Torah written it upon their hearts and minds according to the New Covenant. (Romans 11: 11-24, Jeremiah 31: 31-34, Hebrews 8: 8-12)
9. We believe in the ingathering (rapture) of the entire congregation of Israel, once scattered to the nations. (Hosea 9:17, Isaiah 49, Isaiah 11:12, Rev. 14)
10. We believe in the resurrection of the living and the dead. Those who trust in Yeshua have received eternal life in the presence of God, having their names written in the Lamb’s Book of Life (Heaven). Those who do not believe experience eternal separation from the presence of God, having their names blotted out of the Lamb’s Book of Life (Hell). (Romans 1:18, 1 Corinthians 15, John 5: 19-29, Revelation 3:5; 20 & 21)